Monday, October 8, 2012

Interesting

I had the chance to talk with some of my students from my advanced class and I am really surprised at how much they really would prefer the groupings that they are in versus being grouped with students of different abilities. I expected this from my struggling readers because they have a lack of confidence and a fear of being looked down upon. I thought that the advanced students would have been a little more accepting of the different groups. I wonder if we are teaching students to be intolerant of people different than themselves? Because they have been grouped this way for so long, are they oblivious to the differences between their classmates and them?

On the writing front.. I got a little ahead of my self on the last post hoping that I could begin my writing but I need to take a step back and really rewrite several portions of my paper. I am finishing up my data collection this week so that I can take some time over fall break and really attempt to begin writing about my findings. I'm worried this is going to sneak up on me faster than I expect...

No comments:

Post a Comment